Why become an independent BIMRS service center?
BIMRS is a non-profit educational resource group for professional BMW and MINI service technicians and independent shop owners. We are not sponsored by nor affiliated with BMWNA nor BMWAG. We offer information to both the public and our members at the public and private sides respectively of our website bimrs.org. The primary source of member-only communication is thru the private, internet based groups BIMMERTECH, MINITECH and The Association. BIMMERTECH and MINITECH are used exclusively for technical exchange for their respective marks; The Association is used for non-technical communication within the BIMRS community.
As a technical resource group, we are dedicated to pooling our expertise, and seeking to enhance our technical knowledge, skills, professionalism, and competence in regards to the repair, maintenance and diagnosis of BMW and MINI automobiles. Discussions related to technical problems, repair trends, diagnostic techniques, and other related topics are welcome. To join BIMRS, you must be a professional BMW and/or MINI service specialist. There are two other requirements: a yearly membership fee (paid to BIMRS) and a commitment to participate and contribute to group discussions.
If you feel you meet this criteria, please submit an application here.
What BIMRS means to our Member shops:
- Education- The goal of this association is education. Every time we get together—at regional meetings, during our web-based daily discourse, shop visits, phone calls, or the Annual Meeting—there is an opportunity to learn anew and to share what you know. Many members say that belonging to BIMRS is the best tool they have in their shop.
- Support- We all have had cars that perplex us. With over 200 minds to help you analyze a problem, you are almost assured that someone in the group can help you fix that car, today. Membership is like an invaluable therapy session, and you will be making BMW Independent connections that are unparalleled in our industry.
- Training- What are your technicians’ strengths, and what areas need enlightenment? What would you like to know about running a more efficient and profitable shop? What tools do others use that work well? What diagnostic equipment is the most cost effective and has the best support? All these topics—and any others you can imagine—can be pursued at our regional topically based training seminars, Annual Meeting, or on the daily Association web diary. If you need to know it, tell us---and we will work on a curriculum.
- Industry Contacts- BIMRS has support and access to professional trainers, BMW factory representatives, government agencies, and trade associations. If you have a question, we can help you find someone to answer it quickly and professionally.
- Factory Materials- BIMRS members are extremely fortunate to have access to BMW factory training materials, including but not limited to specific model manuals, BMW.TIS, MINI.TIS, and factory SIBs.