BIMRS Code of Ethics
We, the Owners and Technicians of Independent BMW Repair Shops that belong to BIMRS, agree to uphold the following code of ethics.
This code should be recognized as the standard for daily professional business practices in each and every BIMRS member shop
- To perform high quality BMW and MINI repair service and maintenance at a fair and reasonable price
- To have a sense of personal obligation to each customer
- To employ the most skilled technicians possible, and to dedicate our group to their continued training
- To organize and attend educational opportunities that enrich the ever-growing technical needs of our profession, thereby ensuring that BIMRS members remain on the industry forefront
- To recommend to our customers preventative and regular maintenance services, explaining which of these services are to correct existing problems and which are of a preventative nature.
- To offer each customer a price estimate for work to be performed
- To obtain prior authorization for all work performed, in writing, or by any other means satisfactory to the customer
- To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be kept
- To furnish to our customers an itemized invoice for fairly priced parts and services
- To maintain customer service records for one year or more
- To exercise reasonable care for the customer's vehicle while in our possession
- To maintain a system for fair settlement of customer's complaints
- To uphold the integrity of all members of the BIMRS Association
Find a location near you!